Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Chat with Author Rachel Leigh


Rachel, what does your writing space look like?

It often looks like me sitting on my living room couch with my black Lab snoring beside me! I tend to move around the house with my laptop, looking for some peace and quiet. I have two teenagers in the house who are very happy in my company. I suppose I should take it as a compliment for my parenting…but sometimes I need to be alone, lol!

What inspired your current book?

This book idea all started with the setting - I was reading Jilly Cooper's Riders (and then went on to read the next three in quick succession) and wanted to write a book set in the 'horsey' world. My hero, Michael Canton came to me first - I could see this hunky horse trainer very clearly, yum! Then came his sexy heroine…I adore Caroline :)

How do you come up with your book titles?

With difficulty! Titles are my absolute nightmare - The Wild Rose Press has changed each of my titles except the novella I'm promoting today, "Teach Me To Ride". Clearly, I got that spot on! I am happy for publishers to change titles, I trust them a lot more with the marketing than I do myself.

If you could choose any actor/actress (living or dead) to play your protagonist, who would it be and why?

I'm actually a very visual writer and start my writing process trawling the internet 'looking' for my hero and heroine. Christian Bale is Michael and Samantha Womack is Caroline :)

Who is the sexiest man/woman alive and why?

I know he's not classically good-looking but good lord, I find Tom Hardy one of the sexiest men alive. Kind to animals, yet covered in tattoos and plays some truly terrifying characters. He interests and fascinates me…as well as having an okay kind of body ;)

Quick quiz:
Favorite food?  Chinese chicken satay
Favorite color?  Red
Favorite animal?  Dog
Pet peeve?  Prejudice
Dream car?  No idea - I just like a car that gets me from A to B!



Caroline James wants to be the best investigative journalist London has ever seen. But until she has the money to leave the small town of Fayre Mead, she's stuck and her resentment is building. So when she’s assigned to cover the Lakeland Horse Trials and meets sexy, dark-haired, and astoundingly fit horse trainer, Michael Canton, she is happy to vent some sexual and emotional frustration…and write the story of her career. But after getting personal with Michael, can she remain impersonal with the article?

Michael Canton will do anything in his power to silence his tyrannical father once and for all. Under extreme pressure to compete in the countries show jumper trials and prove his worth, Michael’s fiery emotions are running high. Caroline’s beauty and sexual confidence stokes an inner strength and determination he never knew he had. But can he trust her to know the difference between fact and fiction? Together, they are a formidable team…but will their burning ambitions ultimately blow them apart?

Excerpt:

Still sitting in his lap, she reached behind her and lowered the zipper of her dress. It fell down over her shoulders, revealing naked breasts. His erection ached at the sight of her creamy white, perfect tits with nipples big and dark. He licked his lips and moved forward to suck one hard tip into his mouth. Her gasp sounded above him.
Her skin smelled of something sweet and sexy, innocence mixed with danger. He inhaled deeply as he grazed her pebbled nipple with his teeth before reclaiming her mouth. Her tongue was rigid and demanding against his as they fought for supremacy.
Rolling her over, he shimmied the dress down her body and tossed it to the floor. Naked, but for tiny satin panties, darkened by juices at her clit, Michael didn’t think he had ever seen a woman look more beautiful. He drank in every inch of her, knowing deep inside that this might be the only moment he’d ever see her like this. The only chance to take her, to watch her enjoy unadulterated pleasure. God, he wanted to give her pleasure.
“Michael…”
He snapped his gaze to hers. She watched him. Her eyes were heavy lidded, screaming for him, wanting him. Male pride surged like a fireball behind his ribcage. He crawled up beside her and kissed her, his fingers trailing over her breasts, lower over her torso before diving into her panties.
She was wet. Soaking wet.
His hand glided over her narrow strip of pubic hair to her rigid clit. He circled, stretched, and teased, then moved lower until his fingers found her slit, his blood roaring in his ears. He felt alive, masculine and powerful. Her legs opened and he thrust two fingers deep inside.

Buy Link:
Amazon

Author Bio:

Rachel Leigh lives in the UK and has been married to her own sexy hero for fifteen years.

With four novellas contracted with The Wild Rose Press, Rachel is busy plotting her fifth, sixth and seventh. She plans to venture into the historical genre for the first time and write a trio of novellas set in a small English village in the early1900s. The characters we meet aren’t quite as prim and proper as they seem…

When Rachel isn't writing, she's reading, watching TV, running around after her two daughters....or playing with her husband.


Where you can find Rachel Leigh on the Internet:
Email: rachelleighwriter at googlemail.com

2 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with you moving around the house with your laptop. Sometimes I get chased, and my productivity really sucks those days.

    P.S. Your book looks hot! Best of luck with sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize on looking for some peace and quiet, I think that my opening a book is often a sign that I want someone to talk to me (NOT, lol). Thanks for the interview and good luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete