Monday, May 26, 2014

5 Werewolf Clichés For Readers and Writers by Melissa Snark

I'm guest blogging on Sheryl R. Hayes site today as part of my A CAT'S TALE tour.

5 Werewolf Clichés For Readers and Writers by Melissa Snark

It seems inevitable that every author of paranormal fiction encounters certain subgenre stereotypes/tropes during their journey to craft an interesting tale. As an author of werewolf fantasy stories, I’m particularly familiar with those that pertain to wolf shifters and lycanthropes. Here are a few of my favorites:
  1. Book title contains the words “Wolf”, “Alpha” or “Moon”. Yes, these words are inexorably linked in the public mind with werewolves so the use of these terms triggers immediate associations.  Must authors bow before this stereotype? I guess it depends, especially on whether you can get your book to market fast enough to snatch up one of the few moon titles left that haven’t been wretchedly overused.
Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment